This program is designed for new owners who prefer to do all their research themselves and are already knowledgeable in basic care. The program is designed for individuals that do not want to purchase their own solar meter and would like to use this kit to track the health of their tortoise. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions!
The Experienced Care Program (Basic+) costs only $150 yearly ($100 will be refunded after the solarmeter and temperature gun are returned).
The program includes (photos are representative of items received but may vary):
- UVB light testing (shipping a Solar Meter 6.5 [on loan] provided)
- Heat testing (shipping an infrared temperature gun [on loan] provided)
- Food samples (rather than purchasing mass quantities of pellets just to learn your tortoise doesn’t like a certain brand, we can send a package with small quantities of all of the major brand pellets to try out)
- Weighing Scale (we will send you a scale to keep and track your tortoises weight overtime)
- Heath Tracking (Account to record your tortoise’s profile, status, and weights. Data will be shared to Big and Small Tortoise Rescue and Sanctuary database to aide in benchmarking. Benchmarking compares your tortoise to all other users to see how your tortoise’s health compares.)