You can create fundraisers for any nonprofit on Facebook, including our rescue. This is a great option because Facebook has removed all fees, so that all the money goes to the nonprofit (Paypal on the other hand will collect a small fee).
To create a fundraiser for a charitable organization follow these steps:
- On a Desktop Computer: Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed. On a mobile smart phone: Search for “Fundraisers” in the top search bar. Click on the Facebook shortcut, called Fundraisers.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit/Charity.
- Search for “Big and Small Tortoise Rescue and Sanctuary,” then select our rescue. To confirm it is our rescue, it should say we are in Ames, IA. Choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create. That’s it, and the fundraising may begin!
- Be sure to share or invite friends to donate to your fundraiser!
- It may help to share the rescue facebook page to the fundraiser page so that those that do not know of us can check it out for themselves and see that it is a worthy cause.
For more details or information, pleaseclick here to be redirected to the facebook help page: